Yes, you can find out the store that has the offering and get ready to ship bowstrings. However, it would be better to learn few things first before going making the final decision. Bowstring has several main properties, including:
– Abrasion Resistance: Resistance to friction. Bowstring consists of several strands/ply. When twisted to adjust the brace height, of course, the string will rub against.
– Breaking Strength: How much tension is required for a string cut. The unit is usually lbs.
– Creep: Melar / elongate but not back to the original shape.
– Durability: Durability of materials. Like clay strings that look like caterpillars? Well, that characteristic of a string that is worth the waste. The longer the string, the longer it strings the caterpillar.
– Noise: The time noise level is incremented.
– Stretch: The elasticity of the material, back to its original shape. Rubber kayaks. Age Urdu, string material used is natural materials / natural fibers from plants, animals, or minerals. Nowadays already sophisticated times, the fiber already use a synthetic that has the power and other properties are better than the natural.
So, what is a Dacron’s string of synthetic materials that have stretch properties higher than “fistfight”. What effect? Because stretch/stretch than the speed of the string time pushing the arrow so slightly reduced. But the positive end of limbs where the stick stuck (limb tips) does not receive the sudden energy. Dacron also durable/high durability so suitable for beginners.
Due to the above stretch properties, the Dynamic Spine arc rating using Dacron strings will also decrease. Automatically requires more flexible arrows (higher spine/deflection values) than arcs with fast flight string. While Fast Flight is actually a Brownell brand. The stretch level is smaller than Dacron, which makes the arrow fly faster. But for some reason the meaning of Fast Flight is so widespread, all modern strings that have small stretch values are called fast flight strings. So the string is now categorized into 2 major categories, namely Dacron and Fast Flight.
What to consider when choosing a string between Dacron or Fast Flight? The main thing is the ability of the bow, especially limb tips to receive load tiba2 when the arc fired.